The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this cultured and vibrant nation.
Explore Oslo's excellent museums and enjoy the lively waterfront area, tour Norway's spectacular Fjords, delight in a remarkable train journey on the steeply winding FlOmsbanen line, visit stave churches in Lom, Gudbrandsdalen and Lurdal, and see the Northern Lights- everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Norway with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Norway-
- Over 20 colour maps, plus an Oslo transport map, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Norway, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show the inside of Nasjonalgalleriet, ROdhuset, Vikingskipshuset, Akershus Festning, Borgund Stavkirke and more
- Colour photographsof Norway's fjords, stave churches, harbours and museums
- Detailed chapters, with area maps,cover Oslo, Oslofjorden, Eastern Norway, S rlandet and Telemark, Vestlandet, Tr ndelag, and Northern Norway and Svalbard
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience-learn about Norway's history, festivals, values and traditions
- Experience the culturewith features on Norwegian fjords, Bunad (National Day) and skiing
- Essential travel tips-our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Norwayis a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Norway.