Author(s): Dorling Kindersley Publishing Staff
An unbeatable, pocket-sized guide to Beijing, packed with insider tips and ideas, color maps, top 10 lists, and a laminated pull-out map--all designed to help you see the very best of Beijing.
Experience imperial splendor at the Forbidden City, admire the spectacular beauty of Lama Temple, discover the grand Summer Palace, or walk a section of the Great Wall of China. From Top 10 opera venues to Top 10 things to do for free--discover the best of Beijing with this easy-to-use travel guide.
Inside Top 10 Beijing:
- Eight easy-to-follow itineraries, perfect for a day trip, a weekend, or a week
- Top 10 lists showcase the best attractions in Beijing, covering the Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, Tiananmen Square, Ming Tombs, Great Wall of China, and more
- Free laminated pull-out map of Beijing, plus seven full-color area maps
- In-depth area guides explore Beijing's most interesting neighborhoods, with the best places for shopping, going out, and sightseeing
- Color-coded chapters divided by area make it easy to find information quickly and plan your day
- Essential travel tips including our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop, and sightsee, plus useful transportation, visa, and health information
- Color maps help you navigate with ease
- Covers Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City, Eastern Beijing, Western Beijing, North of the Forbidden city, and more
Staying longer and looking for a more comprehensive guide to Beijing? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Beijing.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's Top 10 guides take the work out of planning a short trip, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your weekend trip or cultural vacation. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.