Author(s): Joe Bindloss
Stop daydreaming at your desk, ditch the nine to five, say ciao to the rat race - take life by the scruff of the neck and give it a shake!
Whether you want to pen a novel, gawp at migrating wildebeest, row the Atlantic or relax on a Goan beach, The Career Break Book is the guide for you.
Questions you'll ask - answered
- What should I do with my house, mortgage, finances, pension, pets, car etc.?
- How can I ask my employer for time off?
- What happens if I take my children out of school?
- How will future employers view my career break?
- What if I decide not to come back??
Exciting ideas - and how to realise them
- Watch polar bears from a tundra buggy
- Learn Thai massage at a monastery
- Take a felucca up the Nile
- Build a house or rent an island
- Join the UN Volunteer Programme
- Monitor animal populations for the US National Park Service
- Write a best-seller
- Sail around the Caribbean
- Visit an ashram in Kerala
- Take the Trans-Mongolian Express from Moscow to Beijing
- All this and much more!