About Avenue Book Club
We love to discuss books. While we’re happy to do it every day in our stores (just ask us!), we love to spend a dedicated hour or two diving into tomorrow’s bestsellers, lost classics, our favourite new novels, award-winners and works that challenge and charm us. Join us!
Each month, we choose a novel, classic, biography, history or work of nonfiction to discuss, with Avenue booksellers leading rousing discussions over several nights at both of our stores. Sharing our ideas brings a greater enjoyment and understanding to our reading, and it offers us the chance to experience books we wouldn’t have otherwise found. (Please note: book club takes a summer break in December and January, so we can tackle a longer book for discussion each February.)
- There’s no membership fee.
- Use your Avenue Bookstore Card (or sign up for one!) to earn double points on each book club pick. As always, Avenue Bookstore Card members earn points on every purchase, which leads to a 10% rebate.
- We provide wine and nibbles at each book club meeting held in store over several weekdays each month starting at 7pm and usually finishing around 8.30pm.
- Avenue booksellers facilitate respectful, welcoming discussions.
- We email book club members each month with the following month’s meeting dates. We ask that members RSVP so we can monitor numbers and close off dates as needed.
- Book club meetings are strictly for members only. RSVP is essential.
Due to overwhelming interest we have closed off new memberships at this stage. If you have any questions or would like to join the waiting list, please contact us.