Author(s): Richard Watkins & Tom Masters
Lounge on sandy Black Sea beaches, hike in the spectacular Rila Mountains and soak up Bulgaria's fascinating history in frescoed monasteries and Roman ruins. Whether you're in search of cultural riches or outdoor pursuits, this bestselling guide will inspire you to uncover all the delights of Bulgaria.
- Immerse yourself - our discerning cultural coverage includes folk festivals, lovingly restored national revival architecture and Byzantine ruins
- Find adventure - our dedicated Great Outdoors chapter describes some of Europe's best budget ski runs and where to see brown bears, wolves and over 400 species of birds
- Drink up - with information on where to find the best Bulgarian wines
- Get around - over 30 detailed maps include Cyrillic for easy navigation
- Sleep tight - in family guesthouses and mountain huts - reviews to suit every taste and budget